Goji berries, scientifically known as Lycium barbarum, are also known as wolfberries, Fructus lycii, and gougizi. These dried red berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for more than 2,000 years.
They have a sweet taste and can be eaten raw or consumed as a juice or herbal tea. All dark blue or red berries, including goji berries, contain high levels of antioxidants, which may help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
What's unique about goji berries is that they contain specific antioxidants called Lycium barbarum polysaccharides, which are thought to provide a variety of impressive health benefits.
In addition, goji berries provide 11 essential amino acids – more than other common berries.
Organically grown and dried Goji berries
- Rich in nutrients
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Anti-aging benefits and good for the eye and skin
- Improve blood sugar control
- Boost energy levels
How to brew/drink it:
- Use one heaping tablespoon of Goji berries per cup of Goji tea.
- Place dried Goji berries in teacup or teapot.
- Soak the berries in cold water using enough water to cover them all.
- Cover and let sit for at least 4 hours.
- Add boiling water to soaked berries.
- Strain berries or enjoy them with your tea.
- Drink it hot or cold with ice.
There are no reviews yet.