Longan is a fruit grown in China, India, Thailand, and many other Asian countries. The fruit looks like an eyeball when peeled, which earned it the name “dragon’s eye” in Chinese.
The longan fruit is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as a sleep aid, relaxant, to improve digestion, alleviate nerve pain, reduce fever, clean parasites, and many more.
Longan fruit is succulent and has gained popularity as an exotic refreshment. Thanks to this demand, longan fruit is now produced in large quantities in China.
Organically grown and dried longan meat
- Prevents Stomach Pains.
- Treat nervous breakdown, stress, insomnia, forgetfulness.
- An abundant source of vitamins.
- Good for the heart and spleen.
- Cure anemia, body weakness.
- Beauty benefits and skin health.
How to brew/drink it:
- Take a heaping tablespoon of dried longan meat.
- Rinse with cold water to remove any residue.
- Place dried longan in teacup or teapot.
- Add hot water (not too hot) to dried longans.
- Add honey or stevia if you need it. Rock sugar works as well. But our longans are quite sweet on their own.
- Add your favorite black tea leaves if you like.
- Drink it hot or cold.
Can be eaten on its own as a snack.